After the last major server upgrade, there are still a few things that need to be fixed. I'll try to keep this list as up-to-date as possible while fixing things.
Here are the items that still need to be addressed:
Handle authentication/session issues (issue found 03/31/2013)
Convert some redirects for old URL's and such
Fix links for things like "devCorner"
- Make SVN server available again
- consider using NginX as reverse proxy to old webserver
- configure hosted sites
buzzkill.org (requires updating code)
- Subdomains for CS (test sites, etc):
- "Stinky Monkey" site
crazedbuzz.com (converted to a WordPress blog)
- monitor logs for errors (which sometimes end up with a page saying "502 Bad Gateway")
- strategy for easily updating website (currently requires updating site + all libraries individually)
- script for automatically adding + committing + pushing blog image changes to new Git repository on BitBucket
If you know of something that needs to be handled that isn't on this list, be sure to let me know.
Update April 1, 2013
There is an issue with authentication and sessions. Prior to the last major upgrade, all session information was stored in the database; after the upgrade this information changed to the PHP default, which was to store them as files. You may have noticed your session timing out (having to login more often than before), or a strange issue where it fails to login the first time (reloading the page & trying again will work). This is a problem with some "crossed wiring" between two libraries that are inter-dependent. I'm working on resolving this issue.
Update April 7, 2013
The authentication issue is (or should be) resolved. Most of the reason why it took so very long to find the problem was because of... well... there were just so many red herrings that I followed. It was virtually impossible to debug in the traditional ways. Anyway, it's all fixed now.